Hayward Multi Port ID

440dodge440

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 7, 2015
South Central PA
My multiport needs lubricated to make it turn easier. I took it off today to do this and the spider gasket was in pretty bad shape. I put it back on, and I'd rather not take it back off until I have a replacement. I went to look online, and it looks like there is a 6 spoke or a 5 spoke- the 5 spoke is for an x-body. Is there a way to identify whether or not I have an x-body without taking it back off? There is no model number on the multiport itself, but I believe it is an SP710.

I can't find a part number on it anywhere. The handle assembly is a replacement, and the 'model number' box is blank. I don't see a part number on the valve body itself either. I did some more searching and I think the 6 spoke may be 1976 and older,and 5 spoke is 1977-present. I ordered a couple 5 spoke gaskets, so I hope that's right....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.