When would one use "Sleep Mode" (Balboa Control Panel)

I'm trying to learn about a spa that exists at a house I recently bought and I'm trying to understand when one would use the Sleep Mode.
It's a Balboa topside control panel and I read that it will heat to 20 degrees F of the set temperature during filter cycles. So I generally keep it at 104 degrees F, so if I put it in sleep, it would heat to a maximum of 84 degrees? What would be the practical use of this? For when I go on vacation? Why not just set the spa to the desired lower temperature when I go on vacation? Also, I would think that if one used the sleep mode somewhat often, they would use more energy heating the spa back to the set temperature by 20 degrees, rather than maintaining the set temperature. Am I missing something? Any real point to using this mode?

Vacation is the only reason I could think of. If you can set the duration then you don't have to remember to reset the temp, or you could even have it heated up when you get back. I don't know if mine has it.

When would one use "Sleep Mode" (Balboa Control Panel)

We have standard mode, economy mode and sleep mode. We were told that if we wanted to keep the spa going 24/7 we can set it to standard mode during the day, and sleep mode at night. The filter will be going still, but the heater heats less often, and the jets only go every few hours rather then every hour or so in standard mode. It's so you can keep the spa going 24/7 but save money when not using it. It also stops the need for it being switched off for long periods of time and potentially losing all of the heat.

We just have really good covers for ours though, and have it on a timer at the main switch. I'm not worried about it not filtering overnight as it does it all day long. I think sleep mode is pointless, but good I guess if you don't have covers? It's less buttons to push (on ours) to change it to sleep mode then dropping the temperature manually.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.