Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SLAM in progress

1. Back To Top    #1

SLAM in progress

So far so good! Started with green pool, now it is blue and can finally see the bottom! Still have some hazy cloudiness there, so continuing the SLAM. My levels are below, been focusing on Chlorine and CYA should I run other tests? Could anything else cause cloudiness during SLAM or just keep going?

FCL 15 (I added to go up to 20 per chart)
    CYA 50 (think I over stabilized last time)
    CCL .5

Got my k2006 test kit and have been testing my buns off, I feel like Walter White. Question though on the fas-dpd. When I add it to the water there is always some clumps at the bottom that don't get mixed in. Is that normal and should I try to fish them out before putting the drops in?

Thanks!

27' above ground, 17500 gallons, Cartridge filter Hayward SW1000z4, A.O. Smith Pump SP1515Z1BC 70 GPM, Test kit Taylor TF-100
    Murfreesboro, TN

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SLAM in progress

No Mr. Hassleberg , nothing else. You're doing well. Maintain and keep it going.

PS ~ The clumps are normal and fine.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Haha it's Heisenberg, but thanks! I couldn't let that one go or the die hard fans would riot

27' above ground, 17500 gallons, Cartridge filter Hayward SW1000z4, A.O. Smith Pump SP1515Z1BC 70 GPM, Test kit Taylor TF-100
    Murfreesboro, TN

4. Back To Top    #4

Rats! It sounded like I was a bit off. I stepped in that one. I should've Googled to confirm.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!