FC = 7.0
    CC = 0
    TC = 7.0
    pH = 7.7
    CH = 500
    TA = 80
    CYN = 70
    Using a solar cover to raise temp.

Using liquid Chl @ 12.5% and liquid acid.

Pool looked great two weeks ago and after a weekend of rain it had a bit of green sediment on the bottom. Swept, adjusted chems, vacuumed, and cleaned filter. Some of the green isn't being caught by the filter and takes a couple of days to settle back to the pool bottom. I know my CH and CYN are high but I can't do a partial drain (Southern CA water restrictions). Wondering if I just keep the TC levels up around 10 and keep the pump running 24/7 or do I need to do another SLAM? Poolmath suggests a regular TC level of 5-10 with my CYN level. To SLAM would be 28. Yesterday I was around TC of 4 and pH 7.7. I added acid to lower to 7.4(ish) and chl to raise to 10. Does the TC 7-10 level give false pH readings?

Cheers!
    Septimosprime
    *17,000gal *built in 1983 *IG Plaster *Pentair Intellifow VS pump *Pentair cartridge filter *with a spa *on water restrictions

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cloudy and slightly green pool

What test kit are you using?

You need to actually complete the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process by passing the 3 criteria to stop. A FC of 10ppm is not nearly high enough with your CYA level.

The pH test is not accurate when the FC > 10ppm.

BTW, your CYA is not really that high, so you should not need to replace water.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Using the TF-100. 3 Criteria of CC<.5, over night drop, and clear water. I should first lower my pH from 7.7 to 7.5-7.3, right?
    Septimosprime
    *17,000gal *built in 1983 *IG Plaster *Pentair Intellifow VS pump *Pentair cartridge filter *with a spa *on water restrictions

4. Back To Top    #4

Ideally you want the pH down around 7.2 when you start the SLAM, since you will not be able to check the pH during the SLAM process.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Ok. Will do. Thanks.
    Septimosprime