Considering DIY pool kit from Royal Pools or similar--Desire hard-nosed advice!

Apr 17, 2016
Oceanside
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-30
Greetings all,
Dan and Darlene from Oceanside, California. We had been planning to put up a 9X18X52 Intex pool in a corner of our small back yard--and thanks for the many helpful replies there. Then, we discovered the Royal Pool ingrained pool kits. So, we're considering a smaller lagoon style and have opted to just get a simple seasonal play pool--Easy Set Intex for the kids for now.

I see that some folk here have experience with the Royal Pool and DIY construction. That's appealing to me--though I would not characterize myself as an expert craftsman by any means. What level of skill is needed to do this successfully? Are the DIY kits a viable, usable and attractive option when done correctly? How do I make sense of all the options available when ordering--I am clueless currently--but want to become well enough informed to make a good decision. What else needs to be purchased beyond the kit price advertised? For example, we're looking at the 12 X 24 Deer Creek Lagoon style swimming pool kit for $4995. But all of the build options available are confusing and costly. What will we really need to pay? Also, I see vinyl liner upgrades for thicker vinyl liners--is this a good idea? thanks in advance for all helpful advice, cautions, warnings and information in general.

I have had no direct experience with Royal pools, however over the years I have seen a number of build threads on here where people had bought from them and I don't recall ever seeing anyone that had a negative experience.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.