Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Considering DIY pool kit from Royal Pools or similar--Desire hard-nosed advice!

1. Back To Top    #1

Considering DIY pool kit from Royal Pools or similar--Desire hard-nosed advice!

Greetings all,
    Dan and Darlene from Oceanside, California. We had been planning to put up a 9X18X52 Intex pool in a corner of our small back yard--and thanks for the many helpful replies there. Then, we discovered the Royal Pool ingrained pool kits. So, we're considering a smaller lagoon style and have opted to just get a simple seasonal play pool--Easy Set Intex for the kids for now.

I see that some folk here have experience with the Royal Pool and DIY construction. That's appealing to me--though I would not characterize myself as an expert craftsman by any means. What level of skill is needed to do this successfully? Are the DIY kits a viable, usable and attractive option when done correctly? How do I make sense of all the options available when ordering--I am clueless currently--but want to become well enough informed to make a good decision. What else needs to be purchased beyond the kit price advertised? For example, we're looking at the 12 X 24 Deer Creek Lagoon style swimming pool kit for $4995. But all of the build options available are confusing and costly. What will we really need to pay? Also, I see vinyl liner upgrades for thicker vinyl liners--is this a good idea? thanks in advance for all helpful advice, cautions, warnings and information in general.
    Intex 15 X 48 Easy Set Pool / looking for filter upgrades and salt water chlorinator

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Louisiana

Re: Considering DIY pool kit from Royal Pools or similar--Desire hard-nosed advice!

I have had no direct experience with Royal pools, however over the years I have seen a number of build threads on here where people had bought from them and I don't recall ever seeing anyone that had a negative experience.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~