Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Builder did no drain acid wash... suggestions on readings

1. Back To Top    #1

Builder did no drain acid wash... suggestions on readings

Pool was brushed daily during wash, then drained, brushed again using water only & cleaned then Refilled water tested - yesteday
    FC 0
    pH 7.8-8.0
    TA 110
    CH 110
    CYA 0

I added 4lbs CYA (96%), 16 oz acid & 60 oz chlorine, tested 24 hrs later - today
    FC 6.0
    pH 7.4
    TA 110
    CH 120
    CYA- no test
    Pool Temp 70

Should I leave the CH alone? Last season it climbed at a rate of about 25 per month
    Valley of the Sun, Arizona.....10k gunite/pebble (Re-surface March 2015) w/in floor Caretaker 99 cleaning heads -- Pentair FNS 60 DE filter -- Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed for pool -- Pentair Wisperflo 1 HP for boulder waterfall...Taylor K-2006 & Taylor K-2006C kits

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Builder did no drain acid wash... suggestions on readings

Yes, leave the CH alone and maintain a TA on the higher side of the recommended levels to compensate until you CH rises to a more normal level.
    -Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Builder did no drain acid wash... suggestions on readings

Quote Originally Posted by bdavis466 View Post
    Yes, leave the CH alone and maintain a TA on the higher side of the recommended levels to compensate until you CH rises to a more normal level.
    Thanks, I will do just that...BTW, your Pool Build project was work of art, WOW what a great job!!
    Valley of the Sun, Arizona.....10k gunite/pebble (Re-surface March 2015) w/in floor Caretaker 99 cleaning heads -- Pentair FNS 60 DE filter -- Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed for pool -- Pentair Wisperflo 1 HP for boulder waterfall...Taylor K-2006 & Taylor K-2006C kits