Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Round or rectangular Intex with deck?

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Round or rectangular Intex with deck?

    Which do you prefer?

    I feel like most people on here get the round intex.

  2. Back To Top    #2

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    246

    Re: Round or rectangular Intex with deck?

    Depends on the size and shape of your yard. My advise is to get the largest pool you can fit. In my case that meant a rectangular, since I had a restriction in one direction but not the other.
    Intex Ultra Frame 24'x12'x52" (732cm x 366cm) rectangular pool
    Intex SF80220RC (1600 GPH) pump/sandfilter
    Intex SF10220 (1050 GPH) pump/sandfilter driving the
    Intex Automatic Pool Cleaner
    Intex 8220 ECO SWG, Brilix XHP100 9kW heatpump

  3. Back To Top    #3

    Re: Round or rectangular Intex with deck?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickelin View Post
    Depends on the size and shape of your yard. My advise is to get the largest pool you can fit. In my case that meant a rectangular, since I had a restriction in one direction but not the other.
    Thanks!

    I am thinking of a 26' round intex right now

  4. Back To Top    #4

    TFP Guide
    PAGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    2,388

    Re: Round or rectangular Intex with deck?

    Quote Originally Posted by speakerbox33 View Post
    Thanks!

    I am thinking of a 26' round intex right now
    I love my 26' Intex. You can see my build if you click the link in my signature. It's every bit as nice as the neighbor's traditional 27'.
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

  5. Back To Top    #5

    Re: Round or rectangular Intex with deck?

    Quote Originally Posted by PAGirl View Post
    I love my 26' Intex. You can see my build if you click the link in my signature. It's every bit as nice as the neighbor's traditional 27'.
    Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!!

  6. Back To Top    #6

    TFP Guide
    PAGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    2,388

    Re: Round or rectangular Intex with deck?

    Quote Originally Posted by speakerbox33 View Post
    Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!!
    Thanks! Currently working on getting my sparkle back.....
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

  7. Back To Top    #7

    Re: Round or rectangular Intex with deck?

    Purchased the 26' round ultra frame intex! I'm so excited!

    I need to purchase some steps as well.

    Building this deck....the door in the picture is off of my screen porch

    deck.jpg

    To replace this 18' intex in same general area:


  8. Back To Top    #8

    TFP Guide
    PAGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    2,388

    Re: Round or rectangular Intex with deck?

    Congratulations, you'll love it, I'm sure!
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

  9. Back To Top    #9
    Casey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    SW PA
    Posts
    10,157

    Re: Round or rectangular Intex with deck?

    Quote Originally Posted by speakerbox33 View Post
    Purchased the 26' round ultra frame intex! I'm so excited!

    I need to purchase some steps as well.

    Building this deck....the door in the picture is off of my screen porch

    deck.jpg

    To replace this 18' intex in same general area:

    If i remember correctly (I hope I do) weren't you pregnant when you did this pool? (OMG i sure hope you are the right person im thinking of! )
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

    24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

  10. Back To Top    #10

    Re: Round or rectangular Intex with deck?

    Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    If i remember correctly (I hope I do) weren't you pregnant when you did this pool? (OMG i sure hope you are the right person im thinking of! )
    LOL! I feel like I've been pregnant for three years straight! I wanted the upgrade last year (and was pregnant, had my daughter in June) but didn't get to it. The summer before I put up the 18' (my son was 1 year old).

    I'm not pregnant right now!

  11. Back To Top    #11

    Re: Round or rectangular Intex with deck?

    I have another question:

    I will be leaving my pool up year round. Is there anything (more) I can do to help prevent the frame from rusting? Should I spray with Rustoleum rust prevention clear coat?



    I am putting in a Hayward thru wall skimmer. I'm also attaching steps from the deck into the pool rather than using the Intex ladder. I will also put down foam or a pad down before putting pool in.

    Are there any other "upgrades" to make?

  12. Back To Top    #12

    TFP Guide
    PAGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    2,388

    Re: Round or rectangular Intex with deck?

    [QUOTE=speakerbox33;1016697]I have another question:

    I will be leaving my pool up year round. Is there anything (more) I can do to help prevent the frame from rusting? Should I spray with Rustoleum rust prevention clear coat?

    I'm guessing if you are doing the skimmer you will have a sand filter? I'd recommend it, for sure. I didn't have any rust on my 18' that I had for 3 1/2 years, left it up for 2 winters. There may have been a couple of spots of surface rust here or there, no bigger than a dime.
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

  13. Back To Top    #13
    Casey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    SW PA
    Posts
    10,157

    Re: Round or rectangular Intex with deck?

    Quote Originally Posted by speakerbox33 View Post
    LOL! I feel like I've been pregnant for three years straight! I wanted the upgrade last year (and was pregnant, had my daughter in June) but didn't get to it. The summer before I put up the 18' (my son was 1 year old).

    I'm not pregnant right now!
    I thought that was you! LOL
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

    24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •