Pump help???

Cierav

Apr 22, 2016
San jacinto ca
We are adding a water slide feature to our pool with a side waterfall run off..... we need arround 200 gpm. For it to properly flow. Is there any reason why I couldn't use a spa pump for that type of flow instead of a pool pump? The head is only about 10 ft. And has a lift of 3.5ft? I know spa pumps aren't water proof but if it was placed inside a waterproof housing is there any reason I couldn't use this?

Welcome to TFP!

Slides don't usually need that much water. Are you sure it isn't 200 gph (hour), not minute. Some people just plumb it to an irrigation line or hose with brass line and valve and let it add a little water to the pool while in use.

Please add your state or country to your location in your profile, climate is a very important factor when helping you with your pool. Also, please add your pool info to your signature so that we can better understand what we are helping you with, more here, Pool School - Read This Before You Post

I don't think that pump or any other residential pool pump will produce 200 GPM. But even with a 10' waterfall, I don't think you will need 200 GPM. Where did that number come from?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.