Dog run around pool

firehunter

Bronze Supporter
Feb 24, 2016
Houston
So we need some design ideas to landscape/hardscape the area around the north and east side of our soon to be built pool. The plan below shows this area (as landscape but will not look like this) and is 8' wide on the north side and about 5'5" on the east side. Our young energetic dogs currently run laps and chase around our yard and have created muddy paths. They will probably be doing laps and running around the pool when it's built. We would like something that not just sod, since they will make a muddy mess again, but if we do pavers with gravel we need to make sure it will be soft on their feet and not something they will kick up and fall into the pool or will slide on or tear up as they run.

How about some rubber mulch?

I will look into that thank you.

If given the chance I suspect they would run laps around your pool on the decking next to the water

Oh believe me they will run laps around the whole pool which includes the deck and the undecked (landscape/hardscape) areas. They will have access to all and we hope they will like swimming. :)

To follow up on the above post it is my experience that dogs like to run along the edge of the water, particularly when they are excited or if someone is in the pool, I have observed this in a number of breeds of dogs over the years.

Artificial grass like they use for sports fields should be resistant to dog created paths. There are several folks in my neighborhood with artificial grass that only looks fake because there are no "less green" areas or weeds.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.