commercial indoor got tub

Chncdafied

In The Industry
Dec 1, 2015
Converse
I'm maintaining an indoor 2000 gal plastered hot tub with highly fluctuating bather load three times a week. Hot tub is completely drained weekly. Currently only using inline bromine feeder. So obviously my feeder dial is set to accommodate a normal bather load. I know there was a higher bather load then expected when I return and my water clarity is horrible. I am about to push for automated chemical feeders using sodium hypochlorite and non fuming acid. Looking for best solution for 3 visits weekly. Also looked at ozone and UV, but didn't think it nessassary with automated feeders. I think I'm on the right track but just want to be 100% positive.

I would think in a bromine tub that using ozone would be similar to using a liquid chlorine injector since the ozone will activate the bromine, unlike a chlorine tub where it is only a secondary oxidizer.

What kind of limits are you working with? Does it have to be bromine? What are your chemistry requirements?

Must use bromine, other then that no other limits. A commercial ozone system with a tank would be the system I would need? Then I was thinking with automated shock feeder it will only at when needed. So I'm thinking cost would benighted the feeder

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Ah yes, commercial sized. I always forget about commercial sizing things. Yes, feeding liquid chlorine will work fine. Frankly with that setup you could probably decrease the use of bromine tablets, since during the slow times they are likely increasing the Br level more than you would want. So that would give an additional small savings.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.