Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: commercial indoor got tub

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

commercial indoor got tub

I'm maintaining an indoor 2000 gal plastered hot tub with highly fluctuating bather load three times a week. Hot tub is completely drained weekly. Currently only using inline bromine feeder. So obviously my feeder dial is set to accommodate a normal bather load. I know there was a higher bather load then expected when I return and my water clarity is horrible. I am about to push for automated chemical feeders using sodium hypochlorite and non fuming acid. Looking for best solution for 3 visits weekly. Also looked at ozone and UV, but didn't think it nessassary with automated feeders. I think I'm on the right track but just want to be 100% positive.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: commercial indoor got tub

I would think in a bromine tub that using ozone would be similar to using a liquid chlorine injector since the ozone will activate the bromine, unlike a chlorine tub where it is only a secondary oxidizer.

What kind of limits are you working with? Does it have to be bromine? What are your chemistry requirements?
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Must use bromine, other then that no other limits. A commercial ozone system with a tank would be the system I would need? Then I was thinking with automated shock feeder it will only at when needed. So I'm thinking cost would benighted the feeder

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Shock feeder will monitor pH and ORP and add accordingly, as well as being cheaper

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Ah yes, commercial sized. I always forget about commercial sizing things. Yes, feeding liquid chlorine will work fine. Frankly with that setup you could probably decrease the use of bromine tablets, since during the slow times they are likely increasing the Br level more than you would want. So that would give an additional small savings.
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits