2016 New Pool Build - Pearland TX

Had to bring in a second truck cause one was taking about 40mins to turn around back

image_zps3lfmvfov.jpeg

image_zpsawcidvya.jpeg

They had to do that to ours too. It protects the edge of the driveway. I'd rather clean up dirt than fix concrete. But it is annoying to look at. We had the same issue with the 40 minute turnaround for the truck to get to the dump and back so we had 2 tricks as well and about the time one would get back the other one would be full.

Yes this build is going a lot faster than we expected, plumbers are set to come tomorrow for all the plumbing and pool equipment, tile/coping are scheduled for Friday... I believe the gunite crew was South Bay Gunite?

Plumbing is is done, crew of 4 got here at 7:30am and drove off at 11:30am, great crew, they are some human digging machines! I bought the pipes to reroute some sprinkler lines and they even offered to help... I got to say I am very happy with them... They talked highly about the builder aswell...

image_zpsb0kzzau9.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow, they took half the time our plumbing crew took. Tile and coping today? Our tile and coping crew are here. :) Are you able to water the gunite? We were told we can stop now.

no crew showed up today, was told the tile/coping crew has been a little behind and was going to try hard to get here today (Friday) if not it will be Monday... so hopefully Monday we will see some more progress..... yes we have been watering the gunite for 2days now... I believe he said atleast 7-10days?

Electrical crew showed up yesterday, hooked up LED light, all conduit, timers and electrical, here at 10am and were gone by 2pm,

image_zpsnvxnj0ci.jpeg

image_zpszkaju9qk.jpeg

The coping/tile crew didn't show up yesterday cause we had a small rain shower in the morning so they re-scheduled for today, they rolled in this morning at 9:30am and ready to work, they said they will more than likely finish today, we will see. Travertine on coping, travertine split face on wall, and we chose some Master Tile for the step and bench markers.

image_zpsejcktqfr.jpeg

image_zpsejujvlnp.png

Slow down...lol slow down... just kidding. Its so much fun to see things happening so quick like there is nothing to pool building. The backlog with the floods had thrown our schedule off completely.

At this pace, I predict you will be in plaster stage by early next week - if not sooner. The only downside of all the quick building is paying all the stage payments one day after another...lol

The more our pool sat, the more we thought about upgrades and ended up spending more too. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, it gave us some time to really consider our options.

Good luck with the rest of your build - I will be peeking in here periodically!!

You ain't lying, the 30days we were waiting for the permit seemed for ever and we were making making upgrades as we went lol, it has been exactly 7days since they digged and what's left is decking and plaster. Coping/tile crew did not get done, they ran out of daylight but pretty much what's left is bench tile markers and grout. Yes PB sure is quick and show up on payment due date lol .

Been lurking at your built, hope weather gives y'all a break

Finally after build sitting at idle for 11days due to weather, deck crew showed up today and poured our pebbled layered concrete

image_zpsnjgv3hmk.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

image_zps2yw7qvbm.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

Cleaning crew scheduled to come out later this week, and plaster next week.... Hoping to get my patio crew to build patio over the long weekend. Swimming season is getting closer for us.

- - - Updated - - -

My 13yr old son and I are making a 18" wide trench around patio and pool, will be putting down some river Rock around to make sure running water stays off the patio, plus I believe will make it look good as part of landscaping aswell

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.