Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 New Pool Build - Pearland TX

1. Back To Top    #1

2016 New Pool Build - Pearland TX

hello, ive been a lurker for the the past 2 weeks and have gained a lot of great information on being a future pool owner. Thanks to members for posting their builds to help out other future pool owners.

a little about myself, we have a newly built home and moved in during the summer of last year, our previous neighborhood had a community pool so the kids made sure they used it every chance they got, well now in our new neighbor hood there is no community pool so after doing a lot of thinking and putting numbers together we decided that our next step was to build our own private pool in our backyard, what better than to have a little bit of paradise in your own backyard right? this was a big dream of ours to do and obviously a big financial decision to make. Our kids ages are 14 , 10, & 8 so we figured if we were going to do it we need to do it now so they can enjoy it aswell. We got about 3bids last summer to get a ballpark number of how much we were going to expect to spend on this build., after getting the bids and we decided to go with our gut feeling and go with a PB that came highly recommend through coworkers and some internet review searching. Contract was signed 3weeks ago, utilitys have been marked/flagged and we waiting on city permit... this has been the longest wait ever for us, I would of thought we would be halfway through the build the city wouldn't take so long lol, as of this past Monday permit was on pending approval process, PB said it should be by this week hopefully digging starts next week weather permitting....

I think its a basic build so hopefully it can get done by the summer so kids can enjoy...

this is what our PB designed for us, freeform style pool, salt water 17x35 , 18k gals
    -we chose not to build a spa, only pool.

-17x35 pool
    -18k gals
    -1.5 HP whiperflo
    -Pentair FNS plus D.E. filter
    -Pentair Amerlite 500w light
    -Polaris 280
    -Jandy AquaPure Esalt system
    -Ozone Joe water system
    -flagstone table top
    -flagstone coping
    -raised jumping platform
    -also includes peagravel decking around the pool plus slab for future patio, total of about 1,000sqft of decking.

since they day of the contract... upgrades have been made and the digging hasn't even started lol
    upgraded to:
    -travertine coping and waterline tile,
    -upgraded to LED color light

here is the survey of the soon to be build

-the future patio is shaded in, but not there yet but gets you an idea of where all the slab will be extending to.
    -we are also deciding to make the sun deck a little smaller to accommodate the table a little better. this will be done when they come draw the pool out before the dig.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 2016 New Pool Build - Pearland TX

Yay, was wondering when you were going to post your build.

Pool looks nice! Glad to see you upgraded to travertine, since you will have a SWG. You will hear this from others too...you don't need the ozone system, get a robot instead of the polaris.

Hope the permit comes soon and then we'll both be hoping for good weather next week.
    My pool thread. IG 31' x 20', 3.5'/4.5'/6', 8' spa, 4T moss rock WF/WW w/jumping rock, 7' x 11' sunshelf 3 bubblers, travertine coping, spray deck, Hayward equip: SwimClear 525 Cartridge Filter, H400 natural gas heater, Tristar Dual Speed EE pump 2HP, Tristar EE pump 1.5HP for water features, blower 2HP, Prologic P/S 8 w/aqua pod remote, Aqua Rite T-15 Salt System, Tigershark QC robot, networked Colorlogic LEDs 2 pool 1 spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

yes right, ive been doing a lot of reading about the ozone system aswell, that will be on the list.

here is some other pic, sorry im barely learning how to post pics... lol

4. Back To Top    #4

this is what a raised platform looks like, we did not want a diving board but wanted something for the kids to jump off of, I believe it is only 20" high, actually that is exactly how ours will look like, we went with the same travertine and coping of it..

5. Back To Top    #5

Ap, nice design! Love the raised platform for jumping. How deep is your pool?
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

6. Back To Top    #6

Looks nice and the jumping platform with the travertine looks great. We are doing the small waterfall/jumping rocks design for ours.
    My pool thread. IG 31' x 20', 3.5'/4.5'/6', 8' spa, 4T moss rock WF/WW w/jumping rock, 7' x 11' sunshelf 3 bubblers, travertine coping, spray deck, Hayward equip: SwimClear 525 Cartridge Filter, H400 natural gas heater, Tristar Dual Speed EE pump 2HP, Tristar EE pump 1.5HP for water features, blower 2HP, Prologic P/S 8 w/aqua pod remote, Aqua Rite T-15 Salt System, Tigershark QC robot, networked Colorlogic LEDs 2 pool 1 spa.

7. Back To Top    #7

Looks great! My kids are about the same age as yours (15, 10, 9) and we are hoping (well I'M hoping more than my husband) to get the ball rolling soon! I love that jumping wall and the travertine is really nice. Is it a big upgrade from flagstone?
    Just getting started! Inground freeform gunite pool, 17x32, 3.5-5ft depth, SWCG, French Grey mini pebble Stonescapes, NPT Arctic Lagoon glass tile, raised wall with 3 sheers, Polaris robotic cleaner, Cartridge filter, 550 sqft concrete/Kool-dek; Dig to begin 10/2017!

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Marlahoutex View Post
    Ap, nice design! Love the raised platform for jumping. How deep is your pool?
    designed for 3.5-5.5-3.5 but thinking to go 4-6-4

Quote Originally Posted by alliecat View Post
    Looks great! My kids are about the same age as yours (15, 10, 9) and we are hoping (well I'M hoping more than my husband) to get the ball rolling soon! I love that jumping wall and the travertine is really nice. Is it a big upgrade from flagstone?
    for us it was a $1200 upgrade to go from flagstone to travertine

9. Back To Top    #9

I love that raised platform--what a neat feature!

We are building a pool in Pearland, also.
    Water in, we're swimming! IG 18x29 gunite, 3.5-6.5 depth, 14,000 gallons approx, 1 skimmer, Hayward 4030 cartridge filter, Hayward Tristar VSP, 20 ft. raised bond beam with sprayers, 40 sq ft sunshelf with 2 bubblers, 7 ft round attached spa, Hayward 250k heater, quartz plaster, travertine coping, approx 800 sq feet acrylic deck

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by soonerfan2008 View Post
    I love that raised platform--what a neat feature!

We are building a pool in Pearland, also.
    Yes the raised platform looks real good, I think it adds some detail to the pool itself, I see there is quite a few of Houston area members on the forum

11. Back To Top    #11

PB called yesterday and said permit is ready, coming out Monday to draw and stake it on the ground. And start digging Wednesday/Thursday

12. Back To Top    #12

Seems like we got home today and saw some progress, PB came by and layed it out on the yard, inspector set up for tomorrow and dig starts Wednesday/Thursday depending on weather forecast.

- - - Updated - - -

13. Back To Top    #13

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

14. Back To Top    #14

Looks good. You have a nice size backyard!
    Hope the weather is good for our builds.

15. Back To Top    #15

yes descent size yard for a subdivision these days, im on a cul-de-sac so the lot a bigger than the normal lot in the neighborhood, likewise hoping this weather holds up

16. Back To Top    #16

Looking good so far. Who did you end up as your PB?

17. Back To Top    #17

Dig day is here, workers here at 6:30am

18. Back To Top    #18

Yay dig day!

19. Back To Top    #19

congrats.....can't wait to follow along. Lots of pools going in at the same time around the Houston area. Those subs are going to be busy the next few months. I heard the other day there are over 300 pool builders in the greater Houston area.

20. Back To Top    #20

Changed the design a little this morning before the dig, hope it comes out good

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast