Black dots in Quartz finish

Nov 2, 2015
Mobile,AL
My pool has a sky blue Quartz finish. I have been noticing black dots in the Quartz. I put on a mask and went diving. It is not Algae. Its like parts of the peebles in the finish are turning black. They look like a tiny mark from a sharpie. They are flat within the finish itself. I have tried vitamin c tabs, Chlorine puck and tried to brush and scrape them. Nothing works. Has anyone ever heard of this problem?

My current numbers are from today. Water is clear and 77 degrees.

FC - 5.4
CC - 0
Ph 7.8
TA -100
CH - 320
cya - 80
Salt - 3200

I think I have the same thing. We bought the house about a year ago and supposedly the pool finish had been redone but who knows how well. It seems like not long after we moved in, I started noticing the black dots. We did the scrub with a puck and nothing came off so it appeared to be permanent. The black dots (which I guess are imbedded particles of something) are still there. I seem to notice more of them but all seems well with the pool finish integrity.

Exactly, They do seem imbedded in the finish. Not sure why its happening though. And is it going to get to the point where the whole finish is black? No one seems to know!!!
No, I don't have any fear that the finish is going to all (or even mostly) black. Still looks fine. I'm sure no one else looking at the pool would even notice.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

My pool has a sky blue Quartz finish. I have been noticing black dots in the Quartz. I put on a mask and went diving. It is not Algae. Its like parts of the peebles in the finish are turning black. They look like a tiny mark from a sharpie. They are flat within the finish itself. I have tried vitamin c tabs, Chlorine puck and tried to brush and scrape them. Nothing works. Has anyone ever heard of this problem?

My current numbers are from today. Water is clear and 77 degrees.

FC - 5.4
CC - 0
Ph 7.8
TA -100
CH - 320
cya - 80
Salt - 3200
Did you ever figure this out? Did it get worse?

I have QuartzScapes Sky Blue from NPT with the same issue. Pool built 5 months ago and little by little more black spots are appearing. They are exactly the shape the crushed granules that are mixed in the plaster.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.