Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hose from build sticking out of ground

1. Back To Top    #1

Hose from build sticking out of ground

Hi. I'm getting ready to finish the area around my pool that was built last year and the hose that was put underground in the deep end (to pump water out if need be I suppose) is still sticking out of the ground. Do I need this for the future (should I cut it and plug it)? Or can I just cut and burry it? Asking bc I'd have to go out and buy a plug. Thanks

Inground, vinyl liner, 16 x 32 (approx. 21k gallons), roman end w/ bench, 2 Jandy LED lights
    Pump: Jandy Flopro, 1.5 hp Heater: Raypak, 266k btu (P-R266-A-EN-C; nat gas) Filter: Jandy C340 (cartridge filter) Robot: Doheny's Dolphin Discovery

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hose from build sticking out of ground

That is how they left it ?!?!!?

I would not recommend getting grid of it since you might need to pump the water out in the future. Maybe add an irrigation box where you have it cut, and install a female threaded fitting and a cap? Then you could thread another hose on in the future if needed.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

That is not awesome. Is it open on the end? I would point it toward a convenient place where you would want to drain/pump water, bury it and put it in a box as bliz suggests.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    That is how they left it ?!?!!?

I would not recommend getting grid of it since you might need to pump the water out in the future. Maybe add an irrigation box where you have it cut, and install a female threaded fitting and a cap? Then you could thread another hose on in the future if needed.
    That's what I did. I called the PB and they said when liner is changed down the road it would be used to pump out water if needed. Thanks to all.

Inground, vinyl liner, 16 x 32 (approx. 21k gallons), roman end w/ bench, 2 Jandy LED lights
    Pump: Jandy Flopro, 1.5 hp Heater: Raypak, 266k btu (P-R266-A-EN-C; nat gas) Filter: Jandy C340 (cartridge filter) Robot: Doheny's Dolphin Discovery

5. Back To Top    #5

Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!