New to TFP

Janel

Apr 18, 2016
Carriere, Ms
Hi Everyone,
i'm so grateful to have found this forum, such awesome advice! I've been lurking around and reading! We haven't purchased yet, but are considering the 24' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, any reviews would certainly be welcomed and very much appreciated. This will be our first pool, my husband is retired and I'm still a working RN and have always wanted a pool! We relocated to Carriere,Ms from Louisiana and now have lots of land so we finally have the space to get one. I have a friend who told me to upgrade to a bigger/better pump (Hayward was the brand she chose), any advice in that department would be great as well! Thank you all for allowing me to join your forum! Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Hello Janel and welcome to TFP! :wave: No question many folks have upgraded to a larger pump/filtration system. Some even chose to add a SWG (Salt Water Generator) to ease the chore of manual dosing chlorine. Either way, lots of great choices that should fit your budget. Great to have you with us.

Hi Janel! You are going to LOVE getting a pool! We have a whole forum about above ground pools. Jump over there and start a thread asking just that question AND do some reading over there. The search button (upper right) is wonderful BUT do not hesitate to ask questions!

Kim :cat: