Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New to TFP

1. Back To Top    #1

Carriere, Ms

New to TFP

Hi Everyone,
    i'm so grateful to have found this forum, such awesome advice! I've been lurking around and reading! We haven't purchased yet, but are considering the 24' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, any reviews would certainly be welcomed and very much appreciated. This will be our first pool, my husband is retired and I'm still a working RN and have always wanted a pool! We relocated to Carriere,Ms from Louisiana and now have lots of land so we finally have the space to get one. I have a friend who told me to upgrade to a bigger/better pump (Hayward was the brand she chose), any advice in that department would be great as well! Thank you all for allowing me to join your forum! Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

2. Back To Top    #2
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Re: New to TFP

Hello Janel and welcome to TFP! No question many folks have upgraded to a larger pump/filtration system. Some even chose to add a SWG (Salt Water Generator) to ease the chore of manual dosing chlorine. Either way, lots of great choices that should fit your budget. Great to have you with us.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tallahassee, FL

Hi Janel! You are going to LOVE getting a pool! We have a whole forum about above ground pools. Jump over there and start a thread asking just that question AND do some reading over there. The search button (upper right) is wonderful BUT do not hesitate to ask questions!

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Welcome to TFP!

Lots of folks here who have, or started with, Intex pools. Be careful, we started with a small Intex pool and it kept getting bigger!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5
    SW PA

Welcome to TFP!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide
    Hudson, WI

Welcome to TFP Janel
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. May 20 - opened for summer
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit -
    Please help keep the lights on so we can be here for others, become a TFP Supporter!