Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fix or replace

1. Back To Top    #1

Fix or replace

My Goldline/Aqua Rite gave out a few years ago. The unite has had problems since I've had it first year they gave me another cell second year they replaced the circuit board no charge to me. The short time it worked correctly it was convenient. So now I'm thinking of replacing it or fixing it. So looking on line I see some people will fix the cir cute board for a flat rate, one guy on ebay it would cost about $60 with shipping, not a bad price. Still your dealing wit ebay. So has anyone ever had one repaired ? I did replace the varisistor that did nothing. So then on Amazon they have the circuit board, Display PCB and T cell-15 for around $700. but not sure if it would fit my box. Also See some other brands available any good ones?
    Last edited by jblizzle; 04-21-2016 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Font formatting
    In ground 20,000gal - pebble-tec - salt, Intelliflo pump, Sta-Rite filter 450 sq ft ,Hayward 6060 booster pump, non functioning Aqua Rite SWCG, TF 100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Fix or replace

Quote Originally Posted by SacDave View Post
    My Goldline/Aqua Rite gave out a few years ago. The unite has had problems since I've had it first year they gave me another cell second year they replaced the circuit board no charge to me. The short time it worked correctly it was convenient. So now I'm thinking of replacing it or fixing it. So looking on line I see some people will fix the cir cute board for a flat rate, one guy on ebay it would cost about $60 with shipping, not a bad price. Still your dealing wit ebay. So has anyone ever had one repaired ? I did replace the varisistor that did nothing. So then on Amazon they have the circuit board, Display PCB and T cell-15 for around $700. but not sure if it would fit my box. Also See some other brands available any good ones?
    I bought a pcb for my RAYPAK heater on e-bay and it work great , but 700 bucks for that stuff ? Might be better off putting that 700 on a new system ??
    When you buy a board you have to make sure it's the correct revision for your unit ...
    Also they make design changes that make the systems more robust on the newer units.
    Sean Hannon
    30,000 Gallons gunite pool Coated by Fibertech
    Hayward Pro Grid 72 / Hayward multiport
    Circupool V3 VS pump
    CirCupool SWG RJ 60, 400.000 btu raypak , Built in SPA

3. Back To Top    #3

The $700 would be of everything new , My concern would be would it fit in my old electrical box.
    In ground 20,000gal - pebble-tec - salt, Intelliflo pump, Sta-Rite filter 450 sq ft ,Hayward 6060 booster pump, non functioning Aqua Rite SWCG, TF 100 test kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

If you need to spend that much, buy a new unit and get the three year warranty.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process