Cloudy water

Jun 16, 2015
Burke VA
Hey TFP, just opened my pool up this week (Northern Virginia), topped off pool with tap water, brushed out a few leaves. Water was not crystal clear when i took off cover, but i was happy with how it did over the winter. I washed my Cartridge filter overnight using TFS. Put everything together and was ready to go. I checked levels of pool FC was showing 0, I shocked pool hard, the amount of bleach i put in would bring levels up to 12, after 2 hours, checked FC was 4, continued shocking, fc finally stable at 12. The shallow end of my pool looks fantastic, unfortunately the deep on is a little bit cloudy. Will this go away if i keep running the filter, or does more need to be done?

FC 12
pH 7.6
TA 80
CH Didnt check
CYA 30

Without seeing all your test results it's hard to tell. You might need to perform a "SLAM". That would be my best guess. If you continue to lose FC more than normal and the water remains cloudy, that's a good bet. Or you could perform an overnight test (OCLT).

Also, make sure to review the Pool School - Opening Your Winterized Above Ground Pool page just to be safe on everything else.

Those numbers look solid, although you didn't post CC. You might want to check to see if those are over .5. Since you're at the SLAM level already, I would just press-on with that and do an OCLT once the water clears. That's probably your best option. Shouldn't take long at all based on what you're describing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.