Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to choose a pool builder

1. Back To Top    #1

Round Rock/TX

How to choose a pool builder

New house and we want a pool (we think). Have spoken to 3 pool builders and planning on a few more. All seem in the same price range. Similar reviews on Yelp. We are pretty specific as to the design we'd like. So- how do we choose the builder? Are there specific questions or things we should ask?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: How to choose a pool builder

Welcome to TFP!!!

Take a look at: Pool School - How to Pick a Pool Builder

And the rest of the Construction area of Pool School: Pool School - Construction
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Conroe, TX

For me I interviewed 4-5 pool builders and narrowed it down to the designs I liked best - who responded quickly and I felt would be easy to work with. I also went and LOOKED at their pools in person and asked to speak to people who were in the middle of a build with them. I wanted a PB that had been in business a while and was big enough that I didn't fear they would be closing anytime soon - I ended up going with a more expensive builder - but not the most expensive. Good luck and we want to see all the pics and designs!!!!
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

4. Back To Top    #4
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

The most important factor for me is trust and ability to communicate effectively. A referral from an acquaintance is a plus. Seeing their work and talking to customers is good.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach