Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Safety Cover

1. Back To Top    #1

Safety Cover

Hello, I'm looking for a replacemebt safety cover for my pool. Pool guys are interested in selling me the loop loc super dense mesh, or loop loc solid. The difference in price is only $300-400. It's really what works best. A quick call to loop loc revealed their super dense mesh blocks 97% sunlight. There are brands like latham that offer 100% sun blocking, but the local pool people seem to recommend loop loc regardless. Do you believe there is a difference? Was anyone able to get a sample from their pool guy and hold it up to see if it leeps rhe light out? The reason I don't like solid is because of the rain and heavy snow we get during the winter.

I tried opening my pool extra early this year to beat the algae, and I ended up having to winterize a second time due to freezing temps. Not a mistake I want to repeat.
    14K gallons vinyl IG pool, L shaped diving, hayward s-200 sand filter/side mounted multiport, hayward cl200 chlorinator, Pentair Intelliflo VSP, 1.5" cemented plumbing, Dolphin diagnostic. 3 Returns, 2 skimmers, 1 MD, 1 polaris port.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Safety Cover

Bump if anyone has installed a new safety cover in the last few years, please share your experience
    14K gallons vinyl IG pool, L shaped diving, hayward s-200 sand filter/side mounted multiport, hayward cl200 chlorinator, Pentair Intelliflo VSP, 1.5" cemented plumbing, Dolphin diagnostic. 3 Returns, 2 skimmers, 1 MD, 1 polaris port.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Safety Cover

I'm on my 4th year with this GLI solid cover with a full length mesh drain. It's holding up well.

I usually open in May, mainly clear besides the stuff they gets under the cover(worms, leaves, dirt).

GLI Pool Products - Product Detail
    11K gal, fiberglass, 1 HP Hayward tristar pump, cartridge filter, Aqua Plus SWG, 3 MagicStream Laminars