Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Hampshire- 24ft Above Ground

1. Back To Top    #1

New Hampshire- 24ft Above Ground

Well, I figured I'd document this journey, and share the torment with the rest of you (how's that for optimism going into a project! ) Anyway, a week ago a friend of mine posted that he was getting rid of his 24' round above ground pool. Knowing that my wife really wants a pool, and that I can't in any way, shape, or form, afford the in-ground she wants, I figured maybe this would be a good thing. So, we contacted him, and, two truckloads of stuff later, I'm the proud owner of a five year old, 24ft Oasis (made by Asahi) pool, with 48" steel walls. I'm going to need some parts for it, but I've already got the site for those.

After searching the yard (by the boss... I mean wife) that I can't put it in the nice flat part of the yard, since that is too far away, or will look dumb, or won't get used, or something equally.... uhmm.... logical.

So, it's going right off the back deck. Eventually the deck will get tied in around the pool somehow, but that will probably not be 'til next summer. For now, it's going right in the middle of her clothesline (see pics). I'm going to have to dig into the slope about 22" on the high side, but it shouldn't be to bad. Not sure yet what I'm going to do for a retaining wall there. I'm leaning toward railroad ties, since that seems easiest and cheapest, but we will see. Excavation begins on Sunday (aka- fun with heavy equipment!)

Anyway, here's a few before pics. Please ignore the clothes hanging on the line! Inner white line is the 24' line for the pool.

I'll be welcoming tips, suggestions, and what the heck, abuse for my mistakes too, as this continues. I've learned a lot already from this site, and expect I'll learn more as I get into this.
    2016-04-21 11.47.06.jpg2016-04-21 11.47.18.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Hampshire- 24ft Above Ground

Hmm... it won't let me upload the other pics. I'll have to figure out what I"m doing wrong and come back.

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW PA

Use photo hosting site like photo bucket or something.

Looks like a nice sunny spot too.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Welcome to the forum. Looks like you got them up! Looking forward to your build. We'll help any way we can.

I hope the clothesline doesn't have to go......can it be moved??
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5
    New Hampshire

Welcome fellow live free or die'er! Looks like a good spot and she's right, you do want it close. The existing back deck should actually make things a bit easier.
    My Restoration Thread: Making an old pool NEW again

16x32/28,000 gallons/Twin 400GPH waterfalls off stone faced diving platform/1,200 perimeter LED lighs/Sand filter/2hp Pentair/VERA Automation/Southern NH