Newbie- bacaquil to TFP Help Please

Jul 14, 2014
Albertville, MN
Question: I need to drain my pool this Spring to rehang the liner that is falling off the track. We are planning on converting from Baquacil to Chlorine. What is the best way to do this from a fresh fill on the pool? Also, what do people recommend for test kits? Is there an automatic liquid chlorine dispenser? Thanks for any advise on this conversion. BTW, I have read the conversion post and most of that went over my head. Also, has anyone used an Ozone/UV system? Are they worth the money?

Neither are really of much use on an outdoor residential pool to be honest.

I would suggest a Taylor 2006C or a TF100 with XL Option. The latter is a better value in terms of the number of tests it will give you, and you'll need the extra to complete the conversion process. You'll be testing Free Chlorine a lot, and you'll soon run low or out of this reagent.

What question(s) could we answer first to help explain the conversion process?

with a fresh fill you will not really be doing a conversion.. you may do a deep clean if you have a sand filter and have trace amounts of baqua...

What question(s) could we answer first to help explain the conversion process?

How much bleach/chlorine do I use with a fresh fill?

- - - Updated - - -

with a fresh fill you will not really be doing a conversion.. you may do a deep clean if you have a sand filter and have trace amounts of baqua...

I have a cartridge filter but will be soaking that in MA. Do I need to wash out the pump, filter housing, and heater?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.