We just moved into our new house, which has a 25,000 gallon saltwater pool and Jacuzzi. The house, and pool, were built in 2012 / 2013.
I’m having trouble with the two (2), 3-way valve actuator:
- They’ll move in one direction with a command from the controller, but won’t return to the correct position when programmed to do so.
- When the valve is open (in one direction), the switch will return it to the closed position.
- When the valve is in the closed position, the switch won’t move the valve in either direction.
Does this sound like a “Micro Switch” issue?
The actuator says “CVA-24”. I’ve searched the forum and it seems that many of the repair parts are obsolete, which surprised me considering the pool isn’t that old. The actual valve has “Compool” on the housing cover. The valve it controls is a 3-way valve oriented 180°, so I believe the actual part number is a “CVA24T”
I’ve read several posts, stating that the Compool actuator is difficult to move manually, whereas the Intermetic is easier. I’m assuming the 3-way valve is built to some standard that would allow me to change the actuator brand from a Compool to Intermatic, or some other brand.
I’m apprehensive to tear into the CVA24T without having a full replacement actuator, and I’m apprehensive to buy something other than the original for fear the alternate model won’t attach to the 3-way valve properly.Question:
- Is the 3-way valve built to some standard that will allow another brand of actuator?
- If you had your choice of actuators, which actuator is the most versatile?
- Which brand of actuator seems to be the most reliable?
Thanks in advance for any input.