Plumbing Question

sgt173

Feb 10, 2015
Parrish,FL
I been wondering what these pipes are for outside my pool deck ever since I have been here. I never seen anything come out of them since they are both capped I'm guessing the builder put them in if you wanted to maybe add a different type system in the future?
Could they be to the floor drains since they are inline with them to drain the whole pool out? I tried to get water to come out of them last year when I moved in by turning the drain levers but nothing happened. So I put them back where they was and left well enough alone.
I'm hoping you guys can give me a clue what they are for.I hate not know stuff since Im a new pool owner I guess I should know.Thanks for all your help in the past.
Hope the pic shows here..

20160421_091415.jpg Photo by sarge173 | Photobucket

My guess is that they are wellpoints that penetrate down lower than your pool is deep. They hooked pumps to them to draw out ground water while working in the hole. Once the shell is hardened and full of water, it won't float, so they're done with them. If ever you need to empty the pool for some kind of work, they'll probably come in handy again.

Thanks...That makes sense to me. I was told to never drain the pool more than half way when I moved in here, that it could pop out of the ground from the low water table here.
If anybody else has these around there pool let me know.
Thanks Again Richard

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.