New Pool Build Las Vegas, NV (PLEASE HELP AND LOOK AT DESIGN) Any advice appreciated

Erick

Gold Supporter
Mar 25, 2016
Las Vegas/NV
I am beginning the process to build our own pool (my first PB) in Las Vegas. It is not a super large pool or with anything out of the ordinary (yet). Here is our design from our pool designer. We are a family of 5 with our three kids being 7, 5 & 3. Please let me know any feedback and advice on the design and the pool building process. I will add more as the design develops and I get further along in the process.
Thank you!
Erick

Attachments

• LVPoolPlan.pdf
    144.3 KB · Views: 191
:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

That looks pretty out of the ordinary to me ... cool design.

Although at this point there is really not much to give you thoughts on. The design is up to you for what you want. People seem to get wrapped up with the looks and not give a 2nd thought on how it is going to function. We might offer suggestions on the functionality given more info on the equipment, plumbing, etc.

Welcome to TFP. I had to check the dictionary for ordinary. This pool design is anything but ordinary - Rain Curtain, Long Fire Feature, Artifical Turf, 15 foot long spa.

Wow. So ordinary...lol

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Very nice. What is to the left of the steps, a spa? Just a thought but as the kids get bigger you might want consider if 5' 6" will be deep enough for adult sized kids jumping in. That being said I had an above ground pool that wasn't that deep and adults would jump in. Didn't have teenagers to test my kids in adult sized bodies theory :) I love the fire feature. I'm with jblizzle, go with functionality over looks if you faced with a choice about anything.

Very cool design. You are doing all of this as an owner-build, right? How will your AutoCover 2 close from its location on the right? Do you put a removable railing in front of the rain curtain between the spa and the wall for the cover to ride on? I thought there was cabling in the rails (like a pulley system) that always stays in place. I know my wife would be unhappy if we sprung for the convenience of an autocover (2 in your case!) only to have to remove/install a railing each time she used it. I could be completely wrong, but you might need to move Autocover 2 to the South side of the pool underneath the 4 lounge chairs.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
...but you might need to move Autocover 2 to the South side of the pool underneath the 4 lounge chairs.

Excellent observation and I'm sure this move would be required (which could be a financial hit because of the large increase in width of the shaft and many additional brackets). There would seem to be no way to have anything removable to function for the open side of the pulley/rope system. If you haven't priced out the dual autocovers, I'd expect them to come in at $25-30K combined.

I really like the design.

Very nice and definitely NOT ordinary design. I'm with Kim! I'd like to see a 3D rendering so I can visualize it better. I have 6 year old twins. I love the amount of benches and the amount of "play area". We're only going to 5' in our pool and my husband will be one of the ones jumping in. I think you have to consider the depth for yourselves as well. The kids will adapt to whatever they have and they will love it either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the replies. I will attach renderings and a pool plan showing equipment. Please help me with any feedback. THANKS!
SANCHEZ_001 (002).jpg
:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

That looks pretty out of the ordinary to me ... cool design.

Although at this point there is really not much to give you thoughts on. The design is up to you for what you want. People seem to get wrapped up with the looks and not give a 2nd thought on how it is going to function. We might offer suggestions on the functionality given more info on the equipment, plumbing, etc.

Wow wow wow! Definitely more pictures please.

I use Photobucket to upload and post mine. It's super easy once you figure it out.

That upper deck looks awesome but wouldn't work for our family. Somebody would definitely attempt jumping. Maybe with heavy duty and very tall rails?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what photbucket is. I have my plans complete now and about ready to submit to the building department. Would anyone be able to recommend subcontractors to me to work with/begin contacting for estimates? Especially in need of the plumbing, electrical, excavation and gunnite & plaster companies. Where should I purchase the equipment? Thank you!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you, they have told me that an autocover is not possible with my design :(

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.