Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Pool Build Las Vegas, NV (PLEASE HELP AND LOOK AT DESIGN) Any advice appreciated

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool Build Las Vegas, NV (PLEASE HELP AND LOOK AT DESIGN) Any advice appreciated

I am beginning the process to build our own pool (my first PB) in Las Vegas. It is not a super large pool or with anything out of the ordinary (yet). Here is our design from our pool designer. We are a family of 5 with our three kids being 7, 5 & 3. Please let me know any feedback and advice on the design and the pool building process. I will add more as the design develops and I get further along in the process.
    Thank you!
    Erick
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool Build Las Vegas, NV (PLEASE HELP AND LOOK AT DESIGN) Any advice appreci

Welcome to TFP!!!

That looks pretty out of the ordinary to me ... cool design.

Although at this point there is really not much to give you thoughts on. The design is up to you for what you want. People seem to get wrapped up with the looks and not give a 2nd thought on how it is going to function. We might offer suggestions on the functionality given more info on the equipment, plumbing, etc.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New Pool Build Las Vegas, NV (PLEASE HELP AND LOOK AT DESIGN) Any advice appreci

Welcome to TFP. I had to check the dictionary for ordinary. This pool design is anything but ordinary - Rain Curtain, Long Fire Feature, Artifical Turf, 15 foot long spa.

Wow. So ordinary...lol

Geometric pool with all Pentair equipment. Raised spa - 18" with Artic Lagoon 1" glass tiles. 3HP VS Pump, 2 skimmers, 6 returns, IC40 Salt system, Easy Touch 8 with LED color light in pool and spa. 1200 sqft of Marble White Pavers decking in Versailles pattern. Tiling and coping almost completed, Indigo Blue Prism Matrix plaster. Pool Build Thread: Houston (Katy) Pool Build - Started April 2016

4. Back To Top    #4

Interesting. Get a colored 3d picture of the design
    Swim ready :) My Pool Build Thread. IG shotcrete 34x16 Grecian shape. 22k gallons. 3'6 - 8'6 deep. 12x5 Baja ledge w/ 2 Bubblers, 14' raised beam sheer descent waterfall in stacked rock. Custom stone diving board. Hayward sand filter, VS pump, Aquarite T-15 SWCG. A&A In floor system w/ Gamma 4 venturi heads, Blue surf Pebble sheen, Colorlogic LED. Future Travertine Sandcastle Owner.

5. Back To Top    #5

I love that giant shelf!! What a great space
    Water in, we're swimming! IG 18x29 gunite, 3.5-6.5 depth, 14,000 gallons approx, 1 skimmer, Hayward 4030 cartridge filter, Hayward Tristar VSP, 20 ft. raised bond beam with sprayers, 40 sq ft sunshelf with 2 bubblers, 7 ft round attached spa, Hayward 250k heater, quartz plaster, travertine coping, approx 800 sq feet acrylic deck

6. Back To Top    #6

I am a fan of artificial turf...except the cost. 8 to 10 bucks per sqft is the quotes I have received.

Geometric pool with all Pentair equipment. Raised spa - 18" with Artic Lagoon 1" glass tiles. 3HP VS Pump, 2 skimmers, 6 returns, IC40 Salt system, Easy Touch 8 with LED color light in pool and spa. 1200 sqft of Marble White Pavers decking in Versailles pattern. Tiling and coping almost completed, Indigo Blue Prism Matrix plaster. Pool Build Thread: Houston (Katy) Pool Build - Started April 2016

7. Back To Top    #7

Looks great, but I want to echo what most have said, it looks pretty extraordinary to me.
    2016 Build: 32x8 Gunite, 6,700 gallon IG pool including 6x8 spa and 6x8 tanning ledge w/ 2 bubblers. 32' raised wall with two sheer descent water features. Travertine Coping w/ split faced Travertine on raised wall face. 2HP VS Jandy pump, 400k heater, Rainbow Chlorinator, 4 Colored LED Lights. 459sqft spray deck plus. IAqualink remote, Polarus 9350 Robot Cleaner.

8. Back To Top    #8

I want to see a colored picture of this! WOW!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

Very nice. What is to the left of the steps, a spa? Just a thought but as the kids get bigger you might want consider if 5' 6" will be deep enough for adult sized kids jumping in. That being said I had an above ground pool that wasn't that deep and adults would jump in. Didn't have teenagers to test my kids in adult sized bodies theory I love the fire feature. I'm with jblizzle, go with functionality over looks if you faced with a choice about anything.
    Inground, vinyl liner, 16 x 32 (approx. 21k gallons), roman end w/ bench, 2 Jandy LED lights
    Pump: Jandy Flopro, 1.5 hp Heater: Raypak, 266k btu (P-R266-A-EN-C; nat gas) Filter: Jandy C340 (cartridge filter) Robot: Doheny's Dolphin Discovery

10. Back To Top    #10

Very cool design. You are doing all of this as an owner-build, right? How will your AutoCover 2 close from its location on the right? Do you put a removable railing in front of the rain curtain between the spa and the wall for the cover to ride on? I thought there was cabling in the rails (like a pulley system) that always stays in place. I know my wife would be unhappy if we sprung for the convenience of an autocover (2 in your case!) only to have to remove/install a railing each time she used it. I could be completely wrong, but you might need to move Autocover 2 to the South side of the pool underneath the 4 lounge chairs.
    Owner Build. 32x16, with 6x8 raised spa. Broke ground April 1, 2016, swimming July 18. Pentair Intelliflo VS + Whisperflo for Water features; Clean & Clear Filter 420; Master Temp Heater 400k BTU; Intellibrite 120V pool and spa lights; Regular ol' plaster.

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by azdesertpool View Post
    ...but you might need to move Autocover 2 to the South side of the pool underneath the 4 lounge chairs.
    Excellent observation and I'm sure this move would be required (which could be a financial hit because of the large increase in width of the shaft and many additional brackets). There would seem to be no way to have anything removable to function for the open side of the pulley/rope system. If you haven't priced out the dual autocovers, I'd expect them to come in at $25-30K combined.

I really like the design.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

12. Back To Top    #12

Very nice and definitely NOT ordinary design. I'm with Kim! I'd like to see a 3D rendering so I can visualize it better. I have 6 year old twins. I love the amount of benches and the amount of "play area". We're only going to 5' in our pool and my husband will be one of the ones jumping in. I think you have to consider the depth for yourselves as well. The kids will adapt to whatever they have and they will love it either way.

Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

13. Back To Top    #13

Thank you for the replies. I will attach renderings and a pool plan showing equipment. Please help me with any feedback. THANKS!
    SANCHEZ_001 (002).jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    Welcome to TFP!!!

That looks pretty out of the ordinary to me ... cool design.

Although at this point there is really not much to give you thoughts on. The design is up to you for what you want. People seem to get wrapped up with the looks and not give a 2nd thought on how it is going to function. We might offer suggestions on the functionality given more info on the equipment, plumbing, etc.

14. Back To Top    #14

WOW, really interesting!!! Have inspectors signed off on that? The balcony looks like a perfect place for dumb kids to jump from and break something.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

15. Back To Top    #15

I have more renderings and plan showing equipment but I cannot upload it, saying the limit is reached

16. Back To Top    #16

To post more/larger pictures, you either need to raise your storage allotment by Becoming a TFP Supporter or follow the How To Post Pictures tutorial.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

17. Back To Top    #17

MORE please!

Jason, that is the first thing I thought of........well more along the lines of "that would be a blast to cannon ball off of" hehe

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

18. Back To Top    #18

New Pool Build Las Vegas, NV (PLEASE HELP AND LOOK AT DESIGN) Any advice appreciated

Wow wow wow! Definitely more pictures please.

I use Photobucket to upload and post mine. It's super easy once you figure it out.

That upper deck looks awesome but wouldn't work for our family. Somebody would definitely attempt jumping. Maybe with heavy duty and very tall rails?

Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

19. Back To Top    #19

With Photobucket you just copy and paste the IMG code.
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

20. Back To Top    #20

Not sure what photbucket is. I have my plans complete now and about ready to submit to the building department. Would anyone be able to recommend subcontractors to me to work with/begin contacting for estimates? Especially in need of the plumbing, electrical, excavation and gunnite & plaster companies. Where should I purchase the equipment? Thank you!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you, they have told me that an autocover is not possible with my design

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast