robot wireless remote questions?

tstex

Silver Supporter
Aug 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Hello to All,

I have a Hayward QC Shark Robot. The remote had an issue w the battery, so another PB then the one I used, helped me out w a free warranty replacement. Instead of an exact replacement, he upgraded it to a digital remote, and told me if I prefer the one I had, he'd get me the push button style.

The digital one is lit up, so in the dark, it's 100X's easier to use. It also has just two screen faces that encompasses all the icons [pump, heater, lights, all the aux functions, et al. W the push button remote, it only had 3 at a time, so you had to keep pushing to see all 10-12 icons. But, it seems like you have to "mash" on the icon to get them to turn on/off, while the non digital push buttons were much easier to turn on and off.

I know the digital remotes have not been out all that long, but does anyone have any experience w the Hayward AQL2-POD2 wireless remote touchscreen? I just do not want to get into the scenario of have to push down real hard more and more if the sensors on the touchscreen get less and less sensitive. Traditionally, these types of screens wear-out and I am trying to avoid that scenario.

Thank you very much,
tstex

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.