Green pool upon opening and still green on day 6....

If your water is clear and looking good, you may be getting to the point where it's good to not only verify your FC, but also the CCs (combined chlorine). If the water is very clear, FC holding well in the day and CCs less than .5 ppm, you may want to consider doing an overnight test per the Pool School - Perform the Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT) page.

It's definately not clear. Just keep slamming? Should I test CYA to determine if I need to adjust my shock FC level?

I've seen steady improvement each day although my FC level dropped lower than I would have liked one day due to family commitments and I only checked it once and then next morning it was a 4. Trying to get it back up and finish this thing off.

Will update with pic later today.

Just keep up the FC and maintain it. It took about 12-13 days to get it to really start to clear when I did my friend's pool.

And you absolutely can see a color change there. More of a teal/turquoise color vs green now.

The more you brush too, the more dead algae will be stirred up and filtered out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just wait as the FC will drift down due to sunlight and doing it's work.

And you never stopped being a salt water pool. You just didn't use the chlorinator while you were manually dosing. The salt was still in the water.

- - - Updated - - -

Should have added though - I'd love to see another pic of the current status.

See pic in link...only green is reflection of bushes and trees. I can't believe how far it's came!

Photo and image hosting, free photo galleries, photo editing

Understood on salt water comment, but given that desired CYA level is so much different how much salt should I add? My chlorinator said salt was low 12 days ago and then I shut off as I began SLAM. Also, what is a safe FC level before swimming--I was hoping my kids could swim this Saturday.

UPDATE: My wife is a believer! Our pool has never looked better as we head into our 3 summer as pool owners.

I still need to do the full testing later today and fingers crossed 24 hours from now it passed the overnight FC test and then we are full-speed ahead and hope to take a dip this weekend.

Thanks again to everyone!

try this link

5/4/16 Photo by avisben | Photobucket

I only have the TF-100 XL kit that I purchased a couple weeks ago. My SWG chlorinator just registers low, good, high.

insert image, from URL, uncheck "retrieve"

IMG_04811_zps75t2da7s.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.