Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Millivolt heater doesn't always fire up with Jandy Aqua Link

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Millivolt heater doesn't always fire up with Jandy Aqua Link

Over the last couple years, my heater won't fire using the Aqualink all the time. My thermocouple is generating millivolts within specification. When I try jumping all the safety devices it still won't fire. When I use a jumper on the gas valve it fires up every time and then stays on like it should. I replaced all the wires and it still doesn't fire all the time.
    20*40 Liner 2'-8' deep, Spill Over SPA, Electric Cover, Jandy Purelink (Aquapure & PDA), Hayward SP2610x15 (1.5HP Single Speed), Hayward H300 (Millavolt)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward Millivolt heater doesn't always fire up with Jandy Aqua Link

5900 G Fiberglass IG pool (circa 1990), SWG Hayward Aqua Rite GoldLine (2013), IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump (2013), Hayward Pro Sand Filter (circa 1990), Well water (no iron or other metals fortunately), test with Taylor K2006C, Charleston, SC

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Hayward Millivolt heater doesn't always fire up with Jandy Aqua Link

Quote Originally Posted by otter86753 View Post
    I think the issue may be resolved by replacing the wires going from the heater to the Aqualink control panel again. I noticed the wires ran very close to the pump motor so I got the same gauge wire but with significantly more insulation on it. Now it appears to be running fine.

20*40 Liner 2'-8' deep, Spill Over SPA, Electric Cover, Jandy Purelink (Aquapure & PDA), Hayward SP2610x15 (1.5HP Single Speed), Hayward H300 (Millavolt)