Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Automatic Skimmer recommendations

1. Back To Top    #1

Automatic Skimmer recommendations

Hi. I'm looking for an automatic Skimmer to help keep small debris off the top of pool. I have seen products like the skimmermotion that attaches to the pool sweep. Anyone else tried this product or anything else that works well? Do any retail stores carry these? Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Automatic Skimmer recommendations

What type/size pool?
    25000 gallon free-form gunite
    Jandy Stealth pump/CL340 cartridge filter
    Pentair IC40 SWG
    Pentair MasterTemp 250HD heater
    Jandy AquaLink RS automation

3. Back To Top    #3

In ground vinyl 10'000 gallon

4. Back To Top    #4

Anyone have experience with any of these products?

5. Back To Top    #5

Don't know if this is what you are looking for, but its the best thing I have ever used on all my pools in 40 years:

PoolSkim USA -- award-winning automatic pool skimmer solves your pool debris problems for a clean and sparkling pool.

This device pulls everything on the surface into the debris bag and then you just shutdown your pump, use the quick release to remove the bag, turn it inside out and spray it off with a hose (or buy two extra bags like I did so the little stuff can dry and shake out), reinstall it, turn the pump back on. Unlike a side skimmer waiting for the debris to float by and maybe get pulled in, the PoolSkim creates a vortex that draws the debris to it and sucks it into the waiting debris bag!
    Pool #1 IG 24k Diamond Brite plaster with spill-over spa. Jandy Aqua Link RS One Touch with built into pool floor cleaner. Jacuzzi Magnum pump/basket feeding Hayward top mount Zeosand filter. Jacuzzi Magnum pump/basket for Spa Jets. Heat Siphon pool heat pump. Dolphin Robotic pool cleaner.

Pool #2 IG 35K 20X40 Vinyl. Hayward top mount Zeosand filter with Pentair 3 HP IntelliFlo VS+SVRS. Chemical Free pool using Water Doctor Copper Ion Generator, PoolSkim, Polaris 9300 Sport robotic pool cleaner, Heat Siphon pool heat pump, solar blanket, Ameri-Dome 50X30 dome enclosure during Winter.

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks. I was looking at that one too