My son inherited a pool that the previous owner poisoned with Clorox pucks, running his CYA up to 250 or so giving him major algae problems. (Tip 'o the hat to Leslie's, who caught that problem when he went in to buy algacide.)
He's drained it down twice and is now zeroing in on the right numbers today, guided by Pool Math.
He was told that the only pucks without stabilizer are for commercial use.
I plan to encourage him to use liquid chlorine, but since he travels a lot, use the pucks in the floater when is gone.
Any suggestions here?
BTW: 20,000 gal, Pebble Tech 5 years old. Sand filter, pressure crawler.
Thanks in advance...