Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Lights Leaking

1. Back To Top    #1

Lights Leaking

Hi everyone! You guys helped me get this terrible swamp pool all cleared up & ready to list the house for sale. WELL, now I have a leak! I've read through a lot of articles & posts & used food coloring to check and I believe it's coming from both of these Pentair lights. I called the pool store & was advised to use underwater epoxy. Anyone know the where I can find instructions on how to fix it? Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Photo- Pool light | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Lexington, NC, 24 ft Above Ground, Vinyl Liner, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1 HP Pump, Tablet Chlorinator (use Tricholr), Taylor K-2006 test kit, County water.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Lights Leaking

Ok, I'm going to suggest you commit a act of violence upon the &^*^*&^ at the pool store that gave you that "advice."

Is the leak around the edge of the lights? If so you need to read the installation manual twice, remove the lights and replace them with new gaskets. Follow the instructions to the letter. You can buy the gaskets at the pool store or better yet an online store that will take your call like Sunplay.

If its the light itself I believe for that type of light its replace the light. I'm not seeing what one would epoxy here.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by gwegan View Post
    Ok, I'm going to suggest you commit a act of violence upon the &^*^*&^ at the pool store that gave you that "advice."

Is the leak around the edge of the lights? If so you need to read the installation manual twice, remove the lights and replace them with new gaskets. Follow the instructions to the letter. You can buy the gaskets at the pool store or better yet an online store that will take your call like Sunplay.

If its the light itself I believe for that type of light its replace the light. I'm not seeing what one would epoxy here.

SEE! That's why I come HERE for advise I will dig around the internet some more for a manual. Thank you!
    Lexington, NC, 24 ft Above Ground, Vinyl Liner, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1 HP Pump, Tablet Chlorinator (use Tricholr), Taylor K-2006 test kit, County water.

4. Back To Top    #4

And we like you coming here--------I can see your smile from here! LOL

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Yep!

6. Back To Top    #6

Can anyone identify these lights by the photo? I'm guessing they are Pentair since the unit is, but I'm not sure?
    Pool light | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Could be these? http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/GloB...orLEDEngOM.pdf
    I'm not sure?