Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: filter or no filter.

1. Back To Top    #1
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.

filter or no filter.

Hi guys,,, I've been around for a while now and enjoyed the countless pages of fantastic information you have kindly divulged.
    My question is, I have a standalone solar system for my aboveground pool of which is run by 0.75 onga pump connected to a 24" sand filter.
    I haven't had any problems with it for the last few seasons but I'm after opinions on if i really need a the filter,,,
    the reason for the question is I've not long ago purchased a cartridge filter as the main filter along with a hayward vs pump which is doing a superb job,,,, so much better than the sand filter and 1 speed pump ever did.
    Does anyone run their standalone solar WITHOUT a filter.
    By the way my water is perfectly clear, not even that fine dust I used to get with the sand filter.
    intex ultra frame round pool 6831g totally hard plumbed with hayward variable speed pump and jandy cs150 cartridge filter... plus a solar heating roof system with a .75 onga pump and 24" sand filter.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: filter or no filter.

I would definitely run solar after the filter. Too much opportunity for little tubes to get clogged.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Sacramento, CA

Re: filter or no filter.

+1 to above. Need a filter before solar.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Heliocol solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall