Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool owners

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool owners

Hello all. Glad I ran across your forum. We bought this house which included this great pool. Wife and I just removed the cover this weekend and have been scooping the gobs of leaves that fell in. Hopefully we get better at doing that in the future! We finally got the pool topped off and have the pump running.

I read through the ABC of chemistry post, great info there. Is there a "how to open your pool" and a daily guide for what to do each day to keep it balanced? I bought the k2006 test kit which should be coming soon. Thanks!

27' above ground, 17500 gallons, Cartridge filter Hayward SW1000z4, A.O. Smith Pump SP1515Z1BC 70 GPM, Test kit Taylor TF-100
    Murfreesboro, TN

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: New pool owners

Hello and WELCOME!

Here is a link about opening: http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-Pool-Openings

Here is a Daily guide: http://www.troublefreepool.com/conte...-care-schedule
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

3. Back To Top    #3

HI! So glad you found us! I have just the thing for you!

Here are some links you will need when you are starting up a pool.

Print these out:

Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Start a thread over at Just Getting Started and we can look at pictures and get you started on the care of a pool.

You are one of the lucky ones! You found us BEFORE you went to pool store!

Make sure to hop over the the table on contents (right hand side of home page). That is where I get my links from. I think you will find a LOT of good info. there. I have a feeling you will outpace me since you are already off to such a good start-ALREADY have a test kit on the way! NICE!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP and congrats on the new pool!

Please update your location in your profile to include your state or country. Climate is very important when we are helping you with your pool. Also, add your pool info to your signature so we know what we are working with when offering help. More here, Pool School - Read This Before You Post. If you need help identifying equipment post pics and we can help.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome!

In addition to what the others posted, how does the water look? If it's murky or green, then the opening will be different from a case with just a few stray leaves in the bottom. And until you get some test results, we really can't give advice.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks all for the responses. I updated my signature with what I know. I will head over to the introduce myself forum, and put up some pics and I have a few questions too on equipment. As far as the water it is pretty murky with a slight green tinge as expected I guess. We just got the pump turned on today so will be vacuuming it out tonight.
    27' above ground, 17500 gallons, Cartridge filter Hayward SW1000z4, A.O. Smith Pump SP1515Z1BC 70 GPM, Test kit Taylor TF-100
    Murfreesboro, TN

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome to TFP.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter