Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex 16x48 ultra frame pool liner replacement (coverup) lol

1. Back To Top    #1

Smile Intex 16x48 ultra frame pool liner replacement (coverup) lol

We have a 16 x 48 Intex Ultra Frame Pool and since day 1 we have had issues with the liner leaking and I would love to know if its any way possiable to put a beautiful pool liner over the piece of junk old one and if so How can it be done?? You all here are so smart and I love reading your pool "tricks" and problem solutions and this site is where I come first for all my pool troubles because every solution I have tried from here has always worked for me and solved all my problems and I am so grateful for all of you and your knowledge and suggestions!
    this is the type of liner I would LOVE to have in our pool since I am a Dolphin fantatic! and I hope to have something beautiful such as this liner in my pain in the rear Intex Pool.
    Any ideas or comments whether they break my hear or not will be gratelly appreciated! I TRUST YOU ALL! lol
    Thank You

could this work or would they work in my pool? and if these won't does anyone know of a company that makes nice liners that would work in our pool? anyone??
    Last edited by misery; 04-19-2016 at 11:56 PM. Reason: question added

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW PA

Re: Intex 16x48 ultra frame pool liner replacement (coverup) lol

Lynn, we have a thread here where you can drop new liners in the old pools.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3
    Charlotte NC

Here's the link to the thread. I am doing this to mine in exactly NINE days when I set mine back up. Already ordered the liner, the tarp clips, bungees, and a new gorilla pad to go under it. I CAN'T WAIT!!!
    Good luck an let us know your progress.
    Just make sure you get an "overlap" type liner.
    16'x48" Summer Escapes Pro-Series, AG, Ultra-Frame, Intex CS15110 Sand filter/SWG, 5061 GAL, TF-100 Test Kit w/ K-1766 Salt Test and Speedstir.
    Pool School, ABC's of Water Chemistry, CYA/Chlorine Chart, Water Balance for SWG's, Pool Math.

4. Back To Top    #4

Port Neches, TX

Misery, here is the link to the old post. There are lots of pics with slightly different ways of securing the liner, along with a sad story about not supporting/covering the holes in the original liner (pool failed). Good luck! Installing replacement liner inside of Intex 18' metal frame
    22' x 52" Intex UltraFrame ABG, 10,500 gallons
    using TF-100 test kit
    Krystal Klear 633T Filter Type B pump - 2,500 GPH
    Intex wall-mount surface skimmer

5. Back To Top    #5

I have read the liner replacement posts and it doesn't seem to be worth the effort. I would just patch the pool and when it gets bad buy a new pool. If you buy a pool at the end of the season they are really cheap. I bought my 20' - 52" pool with a sand filter for $200 at Target. Liner replacements have clips and bungee cords everywhere and the part that goes over the top rail breaks down. It doesn't look pretty.

6. Back To Top    #6

Thank you everyone for responding back n im sorry for my delay in gratitude i just havent had time to check back.. sorry

7. Back To Top    #7
    Edmond OK

I saw the Intex 16x48 Ultra Frame at Academy sports last night for $349.
    6000 gal Intex 16'x48" Ultra frame AG
    Splapool 4500 GPH 1 hp pump w/19" sand filter
    Intex Krystalclear SWG EC8110
    Hayward Dyna-skim
    Intex Auto Robot "Wally"