Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Return jet fittings

1. Back To Top    #1

Return jet fittings

Hopefully someone here will know I'm not crazy. Last September my wife & I purchased a new house just outside of Chicago. One selling point was the 18X40 in ground pool outside our back door. The pool has been in the ground since the early 80's. It has a concrete bottom with fiberglass sides. When I was closing the pool last fall I came across my problem. I was removing the return jet fittings & came across 2 that had a ton of Teflon tape wrapped around the threads. The reason they had the tape wrapped around them was because 2 of the return lines are larger then 1-1/2 pipe thread. 2 of the other return lines are the standard 1-1/2. Has anyone seen this & if so where can I find the correct size wall fittings? Every pool store I have walked into look at my like I'm nuts.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Return jet fittings

Well, if you're nuts, you're in the right place at TFP. We're like a bag full of nuts everyday. Welcome! Try browsing one of these links for something that may work:
    Return Jets Pool Wall Fittings
    Directional Flow Fittings
    Inlet Eyeball Fittings Parts - INYOPools.com

Good luck, and nice to have you with us.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Return jet fittings

Thanks for the links. Unfortunately I have still not been able to find the correct fittings.
    I think that they need to be 1-3/4". Everything that I have found is the standard 1-1/2.