First opening

grottoguy

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 24, 2014
NJ
I closed my Pool last year in late October (when the water temperature was well below 60 degrees) and opened it last week (pool temperature was again below 60 degrees). I had a LOOP LOC Mesh cover put on and followed all the procedures of Pool School. When it was opened on Friday, my FC was zero and I had a pool full of leaves. I cleaned the leaves, added a lot of Bleach, and my pool was looking good in 2 days.

My question is whether it is normal to have so many leaves get under the cover. Was the cover not as tight as it could have been, or is it just not possible to keep out the leaves? Picture of cover below.IMG_2773.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 47
How tight is the cover in the grotto?

I thought everything was tight but I didn't inspect inside the grotto. The company that opened it was the same one that put it in and they said it was the wind. If an exorbitant amount of leaves is not the norm that other people experience ( that's why I asked the question) then maybe there was a tiny opening somewhere. Fortunately, my pool was looking good but I suspect all those leaves consumed my FC. And cleaning those leaves was a big pain. I used my Polaris a lot.

I would just think that it would be tough to get a tight seal in there. Then the grotto acts like a collection basket for debris... I have a different type of cover and there is a small space where winds can push stuff into the pool. I get about 20 leaves in the pool over the winter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.