Another DIY Block Pool - Stacking the walls

Re: North Atlanta, Georgia Pool Build DIY

Both are nice but I like the look of the pavers. The flagstone may be cooler on your feet though. I'd get a few pieces of each and lay them out in full sun. Wait an hour or two and walk on them barefoot and see how they feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: North Atlanta, Georgia Pool Build DIY

Both are nice but I like the look of the pavers. The flagstone may be cooler on your feet though. I'd get a few pieces of each and lay them out in full sun. Wait an hour or two and walk on them barefoot and see how they feel.]

That will work to an extent, but won't give you the true feel of a whole deck soaking up that sun like a big heat sink. A single paver will get warm in the sun, but will radiate that heat off all exposed sides as well. Whereas, with a complete deck, they radiate heat into each other and off the single top surface.

Physics wasn't my forte, but my feet don't tell no lies . . .

Re: 45'x30' Georgia Pool Build DIY

Playing around with a free ipad design app at work.

Not too far away from our end goal. (smaller better pergola design, etc)

2016_06_29_15_38_54.png

And those cypresses represent where we want the bamboo to spread to

Love the size of your pool. That's exactly what I would do if I had the climate and the space. All of the shade you are incorporating is also nice. I can always swim longer than I can stand to reapply sunscreen.

Is the app easy to use? My pool builder offered me a part time job working for him in sales and I'd love to step up his company by learning to do renderings! PB said I've learned so much from this forum that I could be an asset to his business, :p

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Is the app easy to use? My pool builder offered me a part time job working for him in sales and I'd love to step up his company by learning to do renderings! PB said I've learned so much from this forum that I could be an asset to his business, :p

Wow, that is very cool! Maybe the next step is being a PB?

Wow, that is very cool! Maybe the next step is being a PB?

I'm not quitting my day job! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I think pool studio is still your best bet Sheree, this app is very limited especially pool wise.

I don't have a Windows computer so I couldn't get it to work.

Good to know - thanks!

1x Pentair SuperFlo VS
1x Hayward 700 sqft Cartridge filter
1x Pentair IntelliChlor IC 60 SWG
2x Waterway Venturi Skimmer Grey
4x+ Infusion V-Fitting returns
4x homemade deck jets
2x CMP deep bubblers for the shelf
4x Pentair white globrite lights

Just an fyi,
In order to get the 3 year warranty on the Pentair equipment you must purchase a filter, a pump and one other item.
Not sure why you would want a Hayward filter when the rest is Pentair.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use google sketchup for 3d drawings. Taught myself how to use it.

Here's a rendering I did while waiting on some designs from some PBs and when I got one back from one company that almost matched my idea, I was thrilled lol and this is built to scale with measurements. It's a very fun program for free. I am sure the pro one you pay for is much nicer esp with the 3d look.

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/16195123_10210603419068876_2897161772837713494_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=f16ddeb2309ca2b8bbb01b4d2cc5d7cf&oe=591FAF34

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/16265243_10210603419348883_6454300459467462057_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=76a9cbc06e026231a8c9f9392c43482d&oe=59072EB8

Your drawing and idea looks great! I cant imagine taking on the entire project build. Cant wait to see it completed.

Just an fyi,
In order to get the 3 year warranty on the Pentair equipment you must purchase a filter, a pump and one other item.
Not sure why you would want a Hayward filter when the rest is Pentair.

The Hayward filter is bigger.

I asked Pentiar about this, they replied "for a self install the warranty would only be 60 days parts only"

The 3 item deal doesn't apply for DIY builds.​

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.