Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Plumbing above ground pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Plumbing above ground pool

Some friends gave me an AGP. I have set it up and the pump (intex sand/chlorine generator) is running on an extension cord (I know big no no). My nearest outlet is about 35 feet away. I know most would say to dig a trench and run an outlet to the pool. I would rather put the pump near the outlet and plumb the pump intake and return lines through the ground with PVC. Is this too long of a run to do this? Am I putting undue strain on my pump by doing this?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Plumbing above ground pool

Welcome to TFP!

No, 35' of horizontal PVC run is not too much. I would use 2"
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the info and the warm welcome! I will follow your advice with the 2" pipe as well. Beautiful pool you have built there in your signature!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks! When yours is up and running you know what you need to do! We like pics! Edit Signature
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach