Hayward H200 pool heater

Apr 19, 2016
NY
I have a Hayward H200FDN I believe. I tried opening my pool yesterday. the pump is working fine but heater not working. When I try to change the heater from standbys to pool or spa mode nothing happens. The light for standby is lite. What could be the problem? Where should I start? Any suggestions?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 97
So when you push the mode button does it go into pool or spa mode? If it does not switch to either of those modes you could have an issue with the keypad or the board. NO control system right?

Not that I have ever seen other than plugging in a new one. However, on this model you have to buy the entire assembly including the board. Here is the part number, HAXCPA1932.

does anyone no how to jumper or bye pass the gas valve to see if it's working?
imagejpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I will try with screw driver tomorrow. I tried pushing very hard. Wingled my figure around on the mode button. I bye passed the pressure switch. It seems to be working. The little tab goes in and out out and pushes the switch from open to close. Measured with ohms meter. I also bye passed the limit switch to. With no wires attack it had continuity. With wires jumpers I try to push the mode button still nothing. So I want to test the gas valve, thermostat, and the igniter. But I not sure how to test either one yet. I also cleaned the infinitor metal I case it needs a ground. I also have about 28 volts out of the transformer. Is there a way to jumper the four wires coming off the key pad to the circuit board?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 67
All those parts might work as you are testing them but you will never know if the control board works which is what controls all the components in that heater. I would say it's safe to say that the unit works but you need to replace the keypad and or control board.

I think I might have it. I took apart the keypad and I don't have continuity between the mode center contact and the connector. But all other pins work

- - - Updated - - -

I see a guy one ebay sells them. Anyone know of a good place to get one?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 60
Yep the keypad is bad. For this model Hayward doesn't sell the keypads separately like the newer heaters. I haven't tried the Insync ones. Give it a shot and let us know if it works OK.

I replaced mine with the insync one a few yesrs back and it works great. The guy selling them designed it himself as a replacement instead of having to buy the whole thing. Probably save you a few hundred dollars. I recommend buying the insync one.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Order one from eBay. $42 from CA. Suppose to be here by May 2. I will let everyone no. I have learn a lot about the heaters. They are not as scary to work on now. Auctaully kinda easy to trouble shoot

Is the gas turned on to the unit? Is the gas valve on? Could be a bad gas valve.

HF means Flame present with gas valve “OFF” error

IF is usually an indicator a bad igniter.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.