Heating Pool in MO

Aug 4, 2011
I'm in the middle of my pool build and trying to decide if we should install a heater or not. I'm running enough electric for a heat pump if that's the direction we go. Any advice on gas vs electric? We do have an autocover so that should help. Is a heater necessary? My pool is 18x40, salt water, with deep end at 8.5'.

Even though the heater will cost you up front, it is better to have it there and not use it vs. not installing it and wishing you had it. And the flip side, like the Fields of Dreams, if you install it you'll run it! So factor the energy costs into your budget. Depending where you are in MO, you should be fine with a heat pump. The nice thing about gas is that it is indifferent to ambient temps and will heat your pool at the beginning and end of the season when temps start to cool where as a heat pump may not be as reliable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.