Pool Draining Question

BrooksPiggott

Bronze Supporter
Jul 19, 2015
Pflugerville, TX
We drained a couple of inches of water in advance of the storms this week. I ran a hose to the cleanout in the front yard near the sidewalk (City says to drain to sanitary sewer).

I noticed there is another cleanout just a few feet away from the foundation also in the front yard.

I'm assuming they're both connected (you can hear water running as I was running the pump) and that one is the "city" cleanout and the other is my "residential" cleanout. Not sure of the proper terms....

Is there a difference as to which one I drain to? We picked the city one because it was further away and less apt to get water backing up into the house.

Thanks!

My kitchen sink cleanout is on the back of the house. Once I set the submersible pump to flush that line out. I had to throttle it back by crimping the hose with visegrips, but after a thousand gallons or so, I was able to open it up and let 'er rip. Whatever buildup was in that long run of sewer pipe certainly got flushed away!

drains.jpg

This is an old picture from construction. My backwash hose only reaches the sidewalk cleanout with a foot or two to spare, which when pumping tends to lift out of the pipe (even on 800 rpm or so). The nearer pipe would be a bit more convenient so it's good to know I could use either if the need arises.

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.