Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pool opening a green swamp

1. Back To Top    #1

pool opening a green swamp

Hello there... opened up my pool on Sunday and it was a green swamp. Added banish and spot killnand it created a foamy film on topnof the water. I know its from the algecide. After three days not much improvement.

My readings are:
    ph 7.2
    fc 9
    cc 1
    tc 10
    calcium 250
    ta 90
    cya 80

question how much liquid chlorine should i use to get to shock level such as in the slam process?
    12k gallon inground pool with vinyl liner. Sandfilter, hayward 1.5 hp pool pump. Pool is approx 15 yrs.old. Liner is four years old. TF100 testing kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pool opening a green swamp

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

You will LOVE this! It does all of the work for you!

What are you testing with? Can you add it to your siggy please?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Tf 100 kit
    12k gallon inground pool with vinyl liner. Sandfilter, hayward 1.5 hp pool pump. Pool is approx 15 yrs.old. Liner is four years old. TF100 testing kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Silly question but what is "banish and spot kill" and why did you put them in there? Knowing that might, help folks guide you better.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

5. Back To Top    #5

They are algaecide and chlorine to help open the pool up

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Okay. All we recommend is bleach or liquid chlorine so I had to ask. According the table, with a CYA of 80 you are going to have to raise FC to 31.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh Oh! I just checked and Banish is listed as copper based. Hopefully you don't end up with staining from that. But if you do we can get you fixed up.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks! I just didn't want to under or over chlorinate it