Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Keeping pool cool..

1. Back To Top    #1

Keeping pool cool..

Hope this is the place for this.. closest I could find.

I see a lot of stuff here about pool heaters, what about keeping the pool cool? We have a white fiberglass pool installed last spring, got the white on the advice from our installer so as to keep the pool cooler in the summer. BUT.. sometimes in the heat of the summer here in SC the pool feels like a hot tub..well a warm tub anyway. So last year I changed from running my filter during the day, to at night. I leave the slide on so the water flowing down it is somewhat cooled by the night air. Any other ideas on keeping these things cooler in the hot months?
    Pool... IG 16,500 gal fiberglass, Pentair Sand Dollar filter, Pentair Superflow 1 speed pump, Pentair control box, Installed 4/2015, Test strips! HA! ;-), SWG, hot tub (spa) freestanding on deck, fill it from my well, sometimes through my water softener. Oh, and a HydroNet radio control leaf skimmer boat! AND... A brand spankin new Dolphin M500 robot! ;-)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Keeping pool cool..

Screw in an aerator into a return jet and run some at night. Just be advised this will raise your PH so keep an eye on it. You can buy or make one for 20 to 30 bucks.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Here is one, Skippy's New Fountain
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Interesting, I have screw in "eyeball" jets that I can change flow direction with, I'll have to take one out and see what I can come up with I guess. Thanks
    Pool... IG 16,500 gal fiberglass, Pentair Sand Dollar filter, Pentair Superflow 1 speed pump, Pentair control box, Installed 4/2015, Test strips! HA! ;-), SWG, hot tub (spa) freestanding on deck, fill it from my well, sometimes through my water softener. Oh, and a HydroNet radio control leaf skimmer boat! AND... A brand spankin new Dolphin M500 robot! ;-)

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by A.O. View Post
    Interesting, I have screw in "eyeball" jets that I can change flow direction with, I'll have to take one out and see what I can come up with I guess. Thanks
    I discovered quite happily that a " PVC fitting is a snug friction fit inside my eyeballs. Once I jam a fitting in to give me a starting place, there's no limit to what I can create using PVC pipe.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Can't help myself. "" PVC fitting is a snug friction fit inside my eyeballs" That sounds painful!
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

7. Back To Top    #7

I have one of these and it works very well for cooling the pool. Just make sure if you adjust it to spray really high if you get strong winds where you live the wind can push the water while in the air out the pool. Does that make since?

Basically at night when im not outside around the pool to watch I adjust it so the stream is very high.

Wayne
    24'X54" Round 15,000 Gallon Pool
    Pentair SD-60 Sand Filter With 1.5HP Pump & Center Floor Drain
    Lil' Shark Vacuum With Leaf Canister
    New TFPC User And Couldn't Be Happier
    Pool School + Test Kit + Pool Math = A Perfect Trouble Free Pool