Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Given a FREE Pentair IntelliFlo VS Pump but it won't work with my AqualinkRS?

1. Back To Top    #1

Given a FREE Pentair IntelliFlo VS Pump but it won't work with my AqualinkRS?

I'm a newbie pool owner and was just told that my local gas company is going to give me - and install FOR FREE - a Pentair Intelliflo 3HP Variable Speed pump (Model #011018). Problem is, I have a Jandy PDA AqualinkRS remote system (am I even referring to this correctly?) that controls everything for my pool and spa.

Because my Jandy system is old - Aqualink RS and Model PS4 remote (see attached),Attachment 46738 Jandy is telling me that I'm going to need to spend about $600 and upgrade to the IQ20-RS. (So much for my new VS pump not costing me a dime!)

My question: Is there another (less costly?) brand remote system I can consider instead of the Jandy?

I've read some of your posts and you are all incredibly knowledgable and I welcome any and all of your thoughts/comments/ideas!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    13K gal, concrete in-ground, SWG, Pentair Intelliflo 3HP VS pump, Jandy AquaLink RS w/PS4 PDA (which now doesn't work since it doesn't support VS pumps), 5' raised spa, SolarBreeze NX solar powered robotic skimmer.
    Palm Springs, CA

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Given a FREE Pentair IntelliFlo VS Pump but it won't work with my AqualinkRS?

If you have relays available in your automation you should be able to operate is with an Intellicom.

Pentair IntelliCom 2 Interface Protocol Adapter 521109 | Pentair 521109

more here, http://www.pentairpool.com/products/...dapter-408.htm
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Given a FREE Pentair IntelliFlo VS Pump but it won't work with my AqualinkRS?

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    If you have relays available in your automation you should be able to operate is with an Intellicom.
    Ack. Sorry it's greek to me. Relays? Maybe I should hire a pro? lol
    13K gal, concrete in-ground, SWG, Pentair Intelliflo 3HP VS pump, Jandy AquaLink RS w/PS4 PDA (which now doesn't work since it doesn't support VS pumps), 5' raised spa, SolarBreeze NX solar powered robotic skimmer.
    Palm Springs, CA