Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rain filled pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Rain filled pool

I just wanted to share our overflowing pool. We've had so much rain in Austin and it's still coming down:https://vimeo.com/163339464

New pool build in Manor, Texas. 2015. 509 sq. feet; 31'6" x 19'10". Sunshelf & bubbler and waterfall sheer. Gunite inground pool. Pentair Intelliflo VS-3050 pump; Filter: Pentair Clean & Clear 420 Cartridge; Inline chlorination w/UV Sys;Lighting:Pentair IntelliBrite Color LED 120V;Cleaner: KK Racer w/booster.Bench/ledge;limestone Coping; Verona Tile 562 Decking

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Rain filled pool

Yes, a very wet day indeed.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Lots of rain!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

I have let so much water out of my pool! And I have to do it again today. My yard is a swamp.
    14,000 gallon above ground 24ftx56in round vinyl overlap liner steel wall sand filter 1/2 hp pump heavy lime in city water morning shade

5. Back To Top    #5

Mine seems to have good runoff. Thankful for that.

New pool build in Manor, Texas. 2015. 509 sq. feet; 31'6" x 19'10". Sunshelf & bubbler and waterfall sheer. Gunite inground pool. Pentair Intelliflo VS-3050 pump; Filter: Pentair Clean & Clear 420 Cartridge; Inline chlorination w/UV Sys;Lighting:Pentair IntelliBrite Color LED 120V;Cleaner: KK Racer w/booster.Bench/ledge;limestone Coping; Verona Tile 562 Decking

6. Back To Top    #6

I've had to pump mine down twice in the last month due to rain. No runoff can get into the pool thankfully, so just clean rainwater. Though I do need to bring my CH and CYA levels back up to normal, but I may have to hold off since there's more rain in the forecast for the weekend.
    J.R.

20K IG gunnite pool
    2HP Hayward single speed pump
    Cartridge filter