Help.. Over my head and Confused

This is my first post, so I apologize for the rookie/noob questions. I hope this is posted in the correct place and I am sure it's been discussed before, but I need help.

I have a Intel 18x48 pool that I am upgrading the pump/filter to a 2800gph sand filter setup with a Hayward thru the wall skimmer. I have no idea what fittings to use in order to connect the skimmer to the pump.

I have looked at pictures but I am confused. Can somebody help me with the parts/fittings that I need to connect the skimmer to the pump. I would like to add an on-off valve to this line.

Here's how I did it. My Hayward came with a graduated adapter that screws into the bottom of it. If you don't have one, it should be pretty easy to find online.

Notice I had to move the valve to the other end of the hose, right before the pump. Works just fine!

temporary_zps5c695011.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.