Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help.. Over my head and Confused

1. Back To Top    #1

Johnsonville, SC

Help.. Over my head and Confused

This is my first post, so I apologize for the rookie/noob questions. I hope this is posted in the correct place and I am sure it's been discussed before, but I need help.

I have a Intel 18x48 pool that I am upgrading the pump/filter to a 2800gph sand filter setup with a Hayward thru the wall skimmer. I have no idea what fittings to use in order to connect the skimmer to the pump.

I have looked at pictures but I am confused. Can somebody help me with the parts/fittings that I need to connect the skimmer to the pump. I would like to add an on-off valve to this line.

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Help.. Over my head and Confused

You'll probably find what you're after in one of the threads referenced in Useful links for fellow Intex Pool Owners

PS Welcome!
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tallahassee, FL

HI! We also have a whole, wonderful section for Above ground pools you can post in if Richard's thread does not help you.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Edmond OK

Here's how I did it. My Hayward came with a graduated adapter that screws into the bottom of it. If you don't have one, it should be pretty easy to find online.

Notice I had to move the valve to the other end of the hose, right before the pump. Works just fine!

6000 gal Intex 16'x48" Ultra frame AG
    Splapool 4500 GPH 1 hp pump w/19" sand filter
    Intex Krystalclear SWG EC8110
    Hayward Dyna-skim
    Intex Auto Robot "Wally"